Catastrophic Injuries and Illnesses
The 4R Foundation has instituted a program to provide direct assistance to a specific class of individuals who have suffered from a catastrophic injury and/or illness, and lack the financial resources to pay for necessary medical and medically related expenses. Through this program, our Foundation is able to assist patients and their families over many months or years as they face long-term challenges with uncovered medical expenses.
As an individual qualifying for grant assistance, an approved campaign may receive direct payment of, or reimbursement for, necessary medical expenses. More specifically, the funds raised can be used to pay for uninsured medical and medically related expenses, such as the following:
- Health insurance premiums, deductibles, and co-payments
- Travel expenses for rehabilitation and treatment
- Relocation or moving expenses due to illness (such as in the case of moving to be closer to a rehabilitation center or hospital for treatment)
- Temporary housing due to relocation
- Mileage, tolls, and parking fees for visits to rehabilitation center or hospital
- Specially equipped vans and durable medical equipment
- Home modification related to illness
- Home health care services
- Physical therapy and vocational rehabilitation
- Experimental treatments
- Burial/cremation expenses in the event patient passes away
How it Works
Step 1 - Start A Campaign
Using the form below, submit your information regarding the catastrophic injury or illness that has occurred to start a campaign. The 4R Foundation Board will then review your request to determine approval.
Step 2 - Raise Funds
The 4R Foundation will work closely with you to identify a fundraising plan of action that meets your individualized needs. Fundraising often includes community events, online engagement, and social fundraising.
Step 3 - Pay Bills
The 4R Foundation will manage all funds raised and pay medical bills directly. Once we have received funds on your behalf, you may submit a Fund Request Form for each medical bill you seek assistance with.
To get started, please submit the form below. Your request will be reviewed by the Foundation Board and a representative will be in contact with you.